(Concord, NH -- January 21, 2013) The Concord Group Insurance Companies is pleased to continue the long history of generous corporate charitable giving and corporate sponsorships across the New England region. Thirteen organizations received a share of the $326,000 Concord Group provided in charitable giving in 2012 including:
- Granite United Way, United Way of Androscoggin County and Green Mountain United Way matching funds for all employee donations
- Title sponsor of the Concord Boys and Girls Club annual TV auction
- Concord Hospital Trust's annual fundraiser to benefit the Concord Hospital's Family Health Centers
- Canterbury Shaker Village
- NH Telephone Museum -- Museum-in-a-box educational program
- New Hampshire Historical Society
- Kurn Hattin Homes (VT)
- The Jackson Laboratory (ME)
- Concord Boys and Girls Club capital campaign for expansion -- a multi-year commitment
- Friendly Kitchen rebuild capital campaign (CDFA)
- Cotton Mill Square renovation project (CDFA)
- Concord-Merrimack County SPCA -- Build It Bowl capital campaign.
Linda J. Day, Chairman, President and CEO at The Concord Group stated "Supporting our local communities is very important to us and to the Independent Agents representing us. Purposeful giving is an integral part of being a local company. Our policyholders are members of the Company, so we are all part of the same community -- agents, policyholders and Company staff."
With total assets over $370 million, The Concord Group Insurance Companies is comprised of seven property and casualty insurance companies, with the oldest operating since 1849. A mutual with member policyholders, the company has received an "A" Excellent financial rating for over 25 consecutive years by A.M. Best Company, an independent provider of insurer ratings.