Accountant II - Concord Group Insurance
Title - Accountant II
Breadcrumb - Accountant II
Job Description - Accountant II
As a leading regional provider of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect what matters most—from the homes and cars that families rely on to the small businesses that help communities thrive. It’s a role we take seriously, and it's one we know well: Concord Group Insurance Companies has a rich, 90-year history of making an impact in our policyholders’ lives. But we do more than provide peace of mind and helping hands in times of need. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth also make The Concord Group a great place to build your career. If you like sharing your bright ideas, forging strong relationships, and contributing to your community, The Concord Group may be the right place for you.
Working as part of a cohesive accounting team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to multiple accounting processes. This includes partnering with others to complete and analyze various financial statements and supplemental reports. In addition to working with the general ledger and reconciling accounts between multiple systems, you will provide analytical and technical support for various aspects of the financial reporting process.
- Reconcile reinsurance premiums and loss recoveries for financial reporting
- Prepare and analyze various financial reports, including statutory financial statements, Risk Based Capital, Management Discussion & Analysis, and Insurance Expense Exhibits
- Provide written analysis and develop insightful reports based on financial data
- Research, implement, and comply with regulatory reporting guidelines
- Support independent auditors and state examiners requests, by completing audit and supplemental compliance reports
- Audit and analyze reports provided by accounting staff
- Collaborate with department heads to organize and maintain company contracts
- Reconcile accounts between various accounting systems
- Provide support for various accounting functions and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Management preferred, with 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment and reasoning
- Excellent organizational aptitude, with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent attendance and the ability to work extra hours, when needed
We have an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail HR@concordgroupins.com . Please be sure to put the title of the job on the “subject” if sending an e-mail. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.