Customer Service Representative - Concord Group Insurance
Title - CSR I
Breadcrumb - CSR I
As a leading regional provider of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect what matters most—from the homes and cars that families rely on to the small businesses that help communities thrive. It’s a role we take seriously, and it's one we know well: Concord Group Insurance Companies has a rich, 90-year history of making an impact in our policyholders’ lives. But we do more than provide peace of mind and helping hands in times of need. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth also make The Concord Group a great place to build your career. If you like sharing your bright ideas, forging strong relationships, and contributing to your community, The Concord Group may be the right place for you.
We are seeking an energetic customer service professional to join our collaborative and dynamic team. As a customer service representative, or CSR, you will provide product/services information to both our insureds and agents with accuracy and efficiency. Outside traditional customer service duties, this position has the opportunity to gain a strong foundation of industry knowledge, allowing for advancement within the Company.
The best CSRs are genuinely excited to help our customers. Qualified applicants are patient and empathetic, with excellent communication skills. Our CSRs can put themselves in our customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary.
Our team’s goal is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction. To achieve this we provide extensive training, a collaborative environment and an upbeat attitude.
- Responsible for servicing Agents and Insureds with information relating to policies including bills, payments, coverage information, etc.
- Act as a back-up Switchboard Operator for breaks, vacations, and overflow.
- Process and mail manual underwriting notices.
- Handle customer service telephone calls and escalate any issues as needed.
- Process payments, investigate and resolve payment issues.
- Create Insured and Agency correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have at least one year of P&C insurance experience.
- P&C License or ability to obtain P&C License within one year.
- Excellent telephone skills with a pleasant and personable phone voice.
- Must be dependable and have an energetic and positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of PCs and average keyboard skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We have an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and more. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence via email to: HR@concordgroupins.com. Please be sure to put the title of the job on the email subject line if sending an e-mail. Cover letters may be addressed as follows: Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord, NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.