Help Desk Support Specialist I - Concord Group Insurance
Title - Help Desk Support Specialist I
Breadcrumb - Help Desk Support Specialist I
Job Description - Help Desk Support Specialist I
As a leading regional provider of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect what matters most—from the homes and cars that families rely on to the small businesses that help communities thrive. It’s a role we take seriously, and it's one we know well: Concord Group Insurance Companies has a rich, 90-year history of making an impact in our policyholders’ lives. But we do more than provide peace of mind and helping hands in times of need. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth also make The Concord Group a great place to build your career. If you like sharing your bright ideas, forging strong relationships, and contributing to your community, The Concord Group may be the right place for you.
Primary responsibility is to provide remote Help Desk support of network and desktop hardware, software and other agreed to end-user specific products. Serves as the interface between the end-user community (both internal and external) and the IS support staff.
- Function as a primary point of entry for all end-user Help Desk calls. Serves as the primary point of contact for all problem and information calls coming into the Information Services Department.
- Log and diagnose all issues reported to the Help Desk using Help Desk software.
- Provide first-level call resolution for desktop hardware, software, LAN, WAN, E-Mail, Web, Internet, Intranet, and administrative computing related problems.
- Apply training and logic to assist users in remote troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Exercise judgment in prioritizing problems and escalating them to the next level of support when necessary.
- Utilize appropriate application to gather information, log problems, analyze results, track problems and record solutions.
- Perform standard reporting as required, and apply past history and solutions database in problem solving.
- Route problems to the appropriate responsible Information Services Department technical resources for second level support as needed.
- Aid in providing process, procedure and troubleshooting documentation to end-user community.
- Reply to users’ requests for information and assists in problem resolution; maintain contact with users on operational and production problems.
- Help in coordinating the resolution of applications/software system problems impacting program use; helps systems and programming personnel to understand user concerns, issues and problems.
- Provide backup support for related positions as needed.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent, supplemented with technical, vocational or college level course work in Information Technology or Computer Science. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of experience in the assigned technical area of responsibility, including previous work in a service capacity.
- Knowledge and use of computer and network hardware, an understanding of Windows, and Microsoft Office suite of products in a networked environment, and an understanding of web based authoring software.
- Knowledge of at least one network protocol, familiarity with current internet browsers and e-mail applications in a networked environment.
- Experience with the financial services industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with non-technical personnel, as well as professional Information Technology staff.
- Must possess analytical skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good telephone technique, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient and be able to work in stressful situations, and at times be available to work flexible hours.
- Initiative, creativity and sound decision-making skills are required.
We have an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and more. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence via email to: HR@concordgroupins.com. Please be sure to put the title of the job on the email subject line if sending an e-mail. Cover letters may be addressed as follows: Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord, NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.