Business Systems Analyst - Concord Group Insurance
Business Analyst - IT
Breadcrumb - Business Analyst - IT
Business Analyst - IT Description
As a leading regional provider of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect what matters most—from the homes and cars that families rely on to the small businesses that help communities thrive. It’s a role we take seriously, and it's one we know well: Concord Group Insurance Companies has a rich, 90-year history of making an impact in our policyholders’ lives. But we do more than provide peace of mind and helping hands in times of need. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth also make The Concord Group a great place to build your career. If you like sharing your bright ideas, forging strong relationships, and contributing to your community, The Concord Group may be the right place for you.
Primary responsibility is to provide technical leadership for business systems analysis functions in projects that employ enterprise software and the related relational database and interface systems. Responsibility includes providing effective and efficient computer applications specifications and documentation supporting the various business units within the enterprise. This function requires high-level analytical and documentation skills in business analysis, training, implementation and project management. Includes involvement in each phase of project life cycle, need analysis; acquisition or development; implementation; and maintenance.
- Forms detailed documentation to show processing logic for business processes. May act as project lead as required.
- Interprets business requirements, translating them into business specifications.
- Prepares system and quality assurance test plans and user instructions and reference documentation. Notes corrective action, composes instructions for user community and prepares required documentation to support job assignments.
- Assists senior staff in analysis and design of business specifications and documentation, acts as a liaison between the IS organization systems and programming personnel and internal customers using IS services.
- Examines, reviews, and/or changes business specifications to adapt to changes in requirements or regulatory mandates.
- Interfaces in all aspects of user consulting, business analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail business specification development; learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required.
- Conducts various studies, prepares reports and related information for decision making purposes. Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis; documents computations and processes; forms complete descriptions of all specifications required; analyzes and develops specifications of business application.
- Assists in training users in utilization of business applications and in the utilization of generalized applications (such as query language, ad hoc report tools, data transfer tools, interface systems, etc.).
- Interacts with external software vendors as required to support acquired business applications, providing for the definition and resolution of technical and procedural problems, and the adaptation and maintenance of the applications and systems.
- Deals with a variety of operations/production problems requiring judgment within generally defined policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical discipline supplemented by college level course work in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related technical field.
- Experience in working with XML Data highly desirable.
- Three years experience in a similar environment.
- Property & Casualty Insurance experience strongly desired but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of various business application systems, hardware and familiar with current programming technologies.
- Understanding of Windows, Microsoft Office suite of products, current internet browsers, e-mail and business applications in a networked environment.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with non-technical personnel, as well as professional Information Technology staff. Must possess analytical skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good telephone technique, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and able to work in stressful situations, and at times, be available to work flexible hours. Initiative, creativity and sound decision-making skills are required.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing; maintain assigned programs and systems; troubleshoot assigned programs; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and supervisors; exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions; and follow or give verbal and written instructions as applicable.
- Insurance experience with current web based systems, and demonstrate a strong proficiency defining the business needs of an insurance client, systems user, or reporting requirements of regulatory bodies pertinent to the industry.
We have an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail HR@concordgroupins.com . Please be sure to put the title of the job on the “subject” if sending an e-mail. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.