Technical Manager - Concord Group Insurance
As a leading regional provider of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect what matters most—from the homes and cars that families rely on to the small businesses that help communities thrive. It’s a role we take seriously, and it's one we know well: Concord Group Insurance Companies has a rich, 90-year history of making an impact in our policyholders’ lives. But we do more than provide peace of mind and helping hands in times of need. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth also make The Concord Group a great place to build your career. If you like sharing your bright ideas, forging strong relationships, and contributing to your community, The Concord Group may be the right place for you.
The Technical Manager is responsible for assisting the Vice President in overseeing the data warehouse group. The data warehouse group is responsible for database administration, development and systems management of reports, data loads, extracts, data marts, etc. developed for the purpose of servicing the various business needs of the enterprise.
- Assists the Vice President and management in setting direction for the enterprise’s data warehouse group including setting priorities, coordinating, and reporting of group activities. The Technical Manager is responsible for daily activities for the staff within this group.
- Provide senior technical leadership to IS and the enterprise including being conversant with the future direction of enterprise systems and project management, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise. The Technical Manager will also serve as a source of documentations and standards to help direct the activities of IS as a whole.
- Continually develops technical and non-technical skills through training, self-study and other educational programs. Pursues and develops these skills in ever-changing technology as it relates to the impact on enterprise applications and project management, and applies up-to-date techniques when implementing solutions.
- Other duties consistent with the management of software and systems development and project management may be assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of business applications and solutions related to insurance developed in a systems environment as both an IS professional and as an appropriate user of systems.
- Knowledge of project management techniques with demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience with advanced programming and database management (specifically in SQL).
- Knowledge of SSAS and SSRS.
- Strong project management experience, planning and analysis skills.
- Ability to:
- Express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Maintain applications and systems;
- Meet project deadlines;
- Train and supervise subordinate personnel;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates; peers and supervisors;
- Exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions;
- Follow or give verbal and written instructions, as applicable.
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft .Net Framework
- C# development
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, etc.)
The following skills are desirable, but not required:
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Prior supervisory and project management experience. Experience with project management methodology, especially Agile a plus
- Property & Casualty Insurance or Financial services knowledge preferred
We have an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail HR@concordgroupins.com . Please be sure to put the title of the job on the “subject” if sending an e-mail. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.