Field - New Business Commercial Lines Underwriter - MA - Concord Group Insurance
Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. We are proud to be affiliated with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. Auto-Owners Insurance Company is a well-established mutual insurer with a long history of outstanding customer service and is an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty insurer. The Affiliation will allow us to expand our personal and commercial lines product offerings, grow our workforce, improve operating efficiencies and strengthen agency relationships. We are seeking a dynamic insurance professional to join our team of commercial lines professionals to help us develop our Massachusetts territory. *Home base for this position is our office in Westborough, MA for all non-travel days.
Effectively implement the Commercial Lines underwriting criteria in order to accomplish the goals of selecting and retaining profitable business and maintaining productive relationships with an assigned group of agents. The Commercial Lines Underwriter will accept, reject, or modify policy coverages for new business submissions and change requests.
- Review and analyze various risk characteristics developed from small to medium commercial risks.
- Work within underwriting guidelines, department standards and approval levels to accept, reject, or modify policy coverages for new business submissions and change requests.
- Conduct, on average, 6 agency visits per week to strengthen relationships, achieve continual awareness of underwriting positions and expectations, and identify opportunities to enhance the selection-submission-underwriting process. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Effectively communicate our underwriting guidelines, positive and negative underwriting decisions, and other related matters orally and in writing to agents, insureds and co-workers.
- Adequately document/enter relevant insurance transaction information.
- Work collaboratively with all departments including marketing and sales to assist with prospecting and agency development activities.
- Work with countrywide, statewide, and company rating manuals to develop and confirm policy rating as needed.
- Provide input to management regarding local underwriting of commercial business based on the insurance conditions of the territory and make suggestions that would effectively change the marketplace.
- Perform assigned agency reviews to evaluate performance and recommend corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned including travel to the Home Office in Concord, NH and the Office in Bow, NH.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary education required
- 3-5 years P&C underwriting experience specific to Commercial Lines
- Holding or pursuing industry designations, and certificates is desirable
- Excellent telephone skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a PC environment with Microsoft Office and other software products
- Strong analytical skills
We have an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence to: E-mail HR@concordgroupins.com. Please be sure to put the title of the job on the “subject” if sending an e-mail. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.