Personal Lines Underwriting Trainee - Concord Group Insurance
Personal Lines Und Trainee - Banner
Personal Lines Und Trainee - Breadcrumb
Personal Lines Underwriting Trainee - Description
The PL Underwriter Trainee position consists of a 12 to 18 month training program in the Personal Lines Underwriting department. The Trainee will first gather an understanding of rating and processing by learning the Underwriting Associate role. They will then transition into the Underwriter role to develop the appropriate level of job and industry knowledge to assume full PL Underwriter I responsibilities. Upon successful completion of the training program, the Trainee will review, assess, accept or reject new business submissions, renewal policies and change requests to allow Concord Group to effectively execute its growth and profitability plans.
- Learn all facets of business unit operations by gaining exposure to training, acclimation and work contribution within the Underwriting Associate and Underwriter work units.
- Develop a sound working knowledge of industry and job-related manuals, contracts, forms and regulations.
- Interpret and work within underwriting guidelines, department standards and authority levels to accept, reject, or mitigate risk for new business submissions, renewal policies, and change requests.
- Review and analyze risk characteristics as warranted on automobile, homeowner, and personal umbrella insurance applications, change requests, inspection reports, motor vehicle records, and other information sources.
- Effectively communicate our underwriting guidelines, positive and negative underwriting decisions, and other related matters verbally and in writing to agents, insureds, co-workers, and regulators.
- Partner with Marketing to effectively manage a book of business and utilize internal metrics to plan, outline and execute strategies to strengthen Agency relationships, communicate UW tolerance, identify opportunities to enhance existing process, and profitably grow within a state in accordance to plans.
- Complete job-related educational studies and coursework as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, other post-secondary education or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to interact in a team environment and across multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate decisions to Agents and leadership in a constructive manner.
- Holding or pursuing industry licenses, designations, and certificates is a plus.
We have an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and more. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence via email to: HR@concordgroupins.com. Please be sure to put the title of the job on the email subject line if sending an e-mail. Cover letters may be addressed as follows: Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord, NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.