Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. We are proud to be affiliated with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. Auto-Owners Insurance Company is a well-established mutual insurer with a long history of outstanding customer service and is an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty insurer. The Affiliation will allow us to expand our personal and commercial lines product offerings, grow our workforce, improve operating efficiencies and strengthen agency relationships. This position is located in our Claims Office in Auburn, Maine.
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of the Maine Property Claims Unit which is responsible for the investigation and settlement of Homeowner and Commercial Property Claims. Primary responsibilities include leadership, development and oversight of the Unit including personnel resources, business processes and associated technologies, external vendor and agency relationships.
- Reinforce the vision, strategy and goals of the Company to the Unit
- Identify and, where possible, correct personnel, process and technology problems and deficiencies which limit and/or prevent personnel from meeting quality, customer service standards and performance objectives
- Supervision, performance evaluation, coaching and career development of Property Unit personnel responsible for handling first party Homeowner and Commercial Property Insurance Claims
- Maintain an effective communications program within the Unit including recognition, reward, staff feedback and regular Unit meetings
- Perform Best Practices quality file reviews of claims for Unit personnel to be included in their performance evaluations
- Assist in the adjustment of claims that are referred for supervisory action
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Multi-line adjuster's license as required in our operating territories
- 5 years of experience in property claims handling
- College degree preferred
- 2 years of supervisory and people management skills
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Ability to meet continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, and the legal environment in which we operate
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.