Since 1928, The Concord Group Insurance Companies has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the New England region. The Concord Group is a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history, delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. This position is located in Westborough, MA.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing & Sales and is responsible for delivering profitable growth through planning, developing, and managing sales related activities to achieve state premium/loss objectives and market penetration in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. By coordinating field-facing activities, programs and promotions, this role works collaboratively with various Department personnel in the field and Home Office to ensure State objectives are met. Delivering on our commitment to the Independent Agent, this role will focus on expanding and deepening our agency relationships, and on acting as an agent advocate for recommending appropriate new products, services and field initiatives. Field Marketing Reps report to this role.
- Develop and lead sales strategies and tactics to drive premium volume that generates profitable growth for the Company’s Personal, Commercial and Life business.
- Lead the deployment of new agency appointments to achieve optimal State distribution levels.
- Establish Agent development plans, monitor results, and take appropriate action.
- Gain extensive knowledge of competitor products and capabilities as well as marketplace dynamics and market trends.
- Actively participate on State Insurance boards and associations.
- Ensure compliance with state regulations, programs and guidelines.
- Manage performance, compensation, development and other aspects of talent management for direct reports in collaboration with Home Office sales leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or advanced degree preferred. Industry Designations preferred.
- Seven years of Insurance sales leadership experience (Commercial or Personal Lines) required. Supervisory experience required.
- Strong agency management experience including effective prospecting skills and excellent closing skills.
- Proven track record of achieving goals/objectives and development of territorial business plans and supporting initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively balance multiple sales priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills, particularly with field leadership, agency decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including interpersonal interactions, presentations and written communications.
- Exceptional business acumen and functional knowledge of product offerings, technologies, and sales strategies.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify