Title

History

History Timeline

Since our modest beginning insuring farmers in New Hampshire, our top priority has been to provide our policyholders with excellent insurance protection and exceptional service.

1928: January

The Farm Bureau Mutual Fire Insurance Company was organized under the leadership of first President George Putnam. The first office was located at 59 North Main St., Concord, New Hampshire, and consisted of a suite with two small rooms.

1929: January

The first claim was paid in the amount of $16.00.

1937: September

The Farm Bureau Mutual Fire Insurance Company was licensed to do business in the state of Maine.

1958: September

Farm Bureau moved to its present headquarters at 4 Bouton St., Concord, New Hampshire.

1964

State Mutual Insurance Company of Maine was acquired, thus beginning the formation of what was later to become The Concord Group Insurance Companies.

1966

Farm Bureau Mutual Fire Insurance Company was replaced with Concord General Mutual Insurance Company, and the Concord Coach was adopted as the Company's symbol of Strength and Stability.

1987: December

The Concord Group experienced a milestone year with assets surpassing $100 million for the first time.

2000: August

An Employee Appreciation Day was held with 90% of employees in attendance, over 250 employees at the time, and was a successful event enjoyed by everyone.

2003

The Concord Group celebrates its 75th year in business.

2010: October

Concord General Mutual was awarded the "Company of the Year" award for Overall Excellence by the Professional Insurance Agents of New Hampshire.

2017: April

The Concord Group begins its affiliation with Auto-Owners Insurance Group, headquartered in Lansing, Michigan.

Today

The Concord Group is the leading insurance carrier for independent agents in northern New England, serving policyholders in four states with 240 employees and growing.